Rice cooker is a very convenient tool to have in a kitchen if you cook rice for your family on a regular basis. As most families consume rice almost on a daily basis, rice cooker which is specially designed for cooking rice makes it much simpler and faster than any other conventional method. The advantages of having a rice cooker in your kitchen are many. Robert Ebert loved his rice cooker so much that he wrote a complete book about it. If you want to buy a best rice cooker, check out rice cooker reviews. Here is a list of the different benefits you get by cooking with a rice cooker:
- With conventional stovetop cooking you have to constantly check the texture of rice grains while it is cooking as rice can easily overcook or be left undercooked. With rice cookers you do not have to check or worry. It will neither be overcooked nor undercooked. You will get a perfect texture every time.
- With conventional cooking of rice the big question is how much water to add. If you are not an expert, chances are great that you will not get it right. Rice cookers eliminate the possibility of this error. They generally come with indications and levels on how much water to add.
- Most good models have pre-programmed settings for different types of grains like white rice, brown rice, wild rice etc. They enable you to select an appropriate setting without the need to manually adjust temperature and time so that even amateur cooks can cook any type of rice with expertise.
- Many models do more than just cook rice. They have different settings for cooking other types of meals as well. You have the option of steaming vegetables or meat. You can also prepare different varieties of soups and stews. Fish and meat can also be prepared using the same appliance.
- They also have a keep warm setting. This will keep the rice at an appropriate temperature until it is ready to be served. This keeps your meal warm and fresh even if you cook it hours ahead of the desired meal time.
- It saves time of the cook by making the meal ready faster. Their time is also saved since cooking with a rice cooker does not require any supervision. You do not have to keep rushing to the kitchen to check for the texture of the rice while it cooks. The cooker will cook it to perfection and then turn off automatically. Instead of supervising the food, you can utilize this time doing something else.
- Rice cooker prepares healthier meals than those prepared by other conventional methods. By cooking food faster it prevents heat sensitive nutrients from escaping your meal. Hence you are served with a healthy meal that is packed with vitamins, minerals and all the necessary nutrients.
If you have kids and are striving to provide them with a healthy, delicious and fresh meal every day but are too busy to waste a lot of your time in the kitchen, rice cooker is the ideal solution to your problems. It cuts your efforts in half while enhancing the taste and the nutrition of the meal. There are also some modern pressure cookers available in the market that can perform multi tasks and there will be no need to buy different kinds of pressure cooker if you have them. Make sure you read pressure cooker buyer’s guide first before buying it so that you can have in deep knowledge about that product.